8 March 2007

A Trip Down Memory Lane.





I was very excited to be asked by Mel to design for ATDML for their March Gallery. She sent me some of the wonderful new Basic Grey papers the Perhaps and the Scarlett's Letters range- just lush! The soft browns and sand colours of the Perhaps range with it's gently swirling designs is one of those ranges that can be used for SO many layouts. I had this 1980 picture of my Mum and me at my Brownie Camp. The colours were brown and yellow which could have looked a little garish except for the lovely 'Perhaps' paper which made all those colours tone together beautifully. I wanted to add a little movement to the static photo so I used two curves mounted on lightly darker cardstock then raised on foam tape. The curves move your eye across the layout and form a great background for a title.

My niece and I had our piccie taken at Christmas and even though I am 6" tall I was the shortie!! I love the teenage 'look' I'm being given here- I also had my head patted *sigh*. The grungy Scarlett's Letter paper was perfect for this LO as my Niece is a bit Emo!!

When I was looking for an Altered project for my third Basic Grey design my eyes fell on my rather grotty looking Ikea wooden drawers. They needed a freshen up and this pink and green 'Perhaps' paper was just perfect! I painted the drawer fronts in MM green acrylic paint and then drew around the front on each drawer onto the back of the patterned paper. I trimmed each front piece so it fitted the drawers and stuck it in place with double sided tape. I added Dymo tape labels so I could organise all my stuff! Really quick way to refurbish your storage.

No comments: