13 May 2007

Felt Fun and Pokemon!!


We love Pokemon in our house and wanting to get back to some toy making I decided to purchase a lovely Japanese book that combined both.
I think I originally saw a similar book on Etsy which had pages of these teeny cute felt 'mascot' dolls. As I looked into it I realised just how many books were published in Japan with the CUTEST pocket sized dolls/toys and other mascots- just adorable!
I was really pleased to find a book entitled '190 Felt Mascots' available from a lovely lady on ebay who sent the book from Japan. Yes the book is in Japanese and delightfully you start from the back of the book and work forwards- obvious if you KNOW that Japanese scans from right to left but still lovely to see IRL! The patterns in the book are clearly drawn along with the diagrams making language skills redundant, although I have fathomed the Kanji for 'ear' , 'eye' and 'glue'. Admitedly these are not going to be of any use to me should I be lost in Japan but it made me happy!!!
'The Blonde One' had a go at making a felPublisht mascot and created a very cute Pokemon character called Apom from the monkey pattern! He's starting his second one tomorrow!

5 comments:

Fiona said...

Holly is reeeeeeally liking that puddy cat :D (she's very much NOT asleep, pointing insistently at the screen, and when I scroll away demands to see the cat again LOL).

Trish said...

KT they is so cute hunny, I love the kittie xxx

Karen said...

Awww, I want one. Are they cheap to feed?

Paula - Buenos Aires said...

I recognized the Squirtle! (sp?) One of my faves. :)
Lovely felt friends. :D

Anonymous said...

Ooh they are lovely! I love the kitty x