My Pa died when I was twelve, now my Ma was very good about talking about him and I was able to get to know him to a certain extent. I recently was sent some photos of my family that I don't ever remember seeing and included in them were two my Pa Yachting. I knew he'd sailed in Singapore but I never knew he'd taken part in the Channel Island Yacht Race. I think the photo dates from 1968 or 1969. Anyway it was lovely to discover the photos and to see my Pa so obviously enjoying himself!
Supplies Little Yellow Bicycle Paper Scallop Punch Dymo tape
I'm a tagging virgin so thanks to ScrapDolly for popping my cherry!!!
1. If a movie was being made of your life who would you like to be cast to play yourself? And why? Maybe the girl from 'Bones' Emily Deschanel she's dark haired, tallish and QUIRKY!!!
2. You are spending a whole month on a desert island for charity and you have to choose your favourite celebrity to spend the first two weeks with & your least favourite celebrity to spend the second two weeks with, who would they be & why?
Fave would be someone like Katharine Hepburn- feisty, strong willed, tell-it-like-it-is broad!!! She knew everyone in Hollywood in its heyday and I bet would be fascinating to yak to!
Least fave would have to be someone like John Prescott- talking politics all the time and loving the sound of his old voice- opinionated and sexist!
3. What are your three favourite crafting products?
Tim Holtz Distress Inks- I love getting inky and aging stuff. Grungeboard- something to ink and adds texture/dimension to LOs Glitter- well I am GlitteryKatie!!
4. If you could invent something to do anything what do you think it would be?
A transporter like they have on Star Trek so DH could get to and from work in the blink of an eye and I could visit my Sis without a 3 hour drive!!
5. What are the last three books that you read?
Something t tell the grandchildre- Mark Oliver Everett The Master Harper of Pern- Anne McCaffrey Good Wives- Louisa M Alcott
6. Qvc or create & Craft?
QVC I suppose (under duress!!)
7. Docrafts or Dovecraft or DCWV?
DCWV if I HAD to as I have liked their 'Once Upon a Time' papers- well they were glittery!!
8. What is your claim to fame?
Been in a few Scrapping mags here and the US and a couple of scrapping books. I danced on the stage of the Theatre Royal in York ( I was 4!!!)
'The Blonde One' and 'DH' playing 'Blazing Angels' on the Wii where they are WW2 flying Aces- boy heaven!! The looks of concentration was fabulous to behold- HAD to take a piccie! Note the Hoover abandoned at the back of the room by 'DH'!
Little Yellow Bike paper QK Rev Mary JAne Alpha Autumn Leaves arrows stamps Basic Grey stickers
Been playing again!!!Grungeboard with Acrylic Dabber paint and blue Distress Inks with some black Stazon also Crackle paint with Distress Ink and some black Stazon for emphasis. Also been playing with the wonderful Zac's Life papers from Little Yellow Bike
Could you tell how impressed (sic!) I was with the new QK dies-I'm sure if you are a resident of Kansas that you'd LOVE that dies but otherwise.....???! The Revolution dies seem to have a wider appeal with a range of country themed dies