22 June 2008

Scrapping London Style!!


Well I finally got round to playing with my London pictures from the trip Archi and I took to the Globe Theatre. You may guess from the double (er triple!) photos that I was rather taken with Southwark Bridge. Always been a bit of a grease monkey so I was very drawn to the early 20th Century Industrial style of the Bridge. Functional yet with a strong beauty to it. All those rivets!! Oh and on a girly note- pretty colours too!!

Supplies
7gypsies Notting Hill Paper ( a perfect match!)
7gypsies tissue (a blast from the past)
Prima Tape (love it!)
QuicKutz Madamoiselle font (a prize!)

I spent last Saturday in Stratford in Avon at the Scrapaganza event with some great pals of mine. I had a hoot with Angela, cutnpaste, SarahK, LynM, Annnijo, izzy, Privateuni, Pauline and Lily and her wonderful Scrapshed!

We did some fabbo classes some of the techniques I crammed onto this layout!
Although I didn't take the class Karen Burniston's interactive LO's looked awesome!
Donna Downey had us painting up a frenzy with BIG chipboard so THAT went onto the LO too!!
Melodee Langworthy Family Favourites class was just beautiful. She has such a way with minibooks- quick yet so stylish. I loved the way she inserted double backed photos into the mini book as page.
Also had another class which wasn't quite as revealing as I'd hoped but I did get to play with Pearly Powders so that made me a happy bunny! I also learnt that a true artiste needs Baby Wipes- ahhh well maybe one day I'll aspire!!






So the LO- I had several piccies of an architectural nature from our London trip that needed to go together but I didn't want to cram them all together and lose the focus on each one. I decided to pinch a leaf from Karen Burniston's LO's (her samples at Stratford were fantastic) and use a lift up flap with a montage of photies in a Donna Downey stylee- mixing my designers here!! I also embellished the flap with LARGE chipboard, painted, crackle glazed and then a touch of gold Paint Dabber added to the Crackle Paint. I had real fun with this- getting painty and messy is such a joy!

Supplies
Prima Paper
7gypsies Tissue
Prima Tape
Dymo Tape
Chipboard Scroll
Distress Inks (for edging papers)
Paint Dabber and Crackle Paint for Chipboard
QuicKutz Madamoiselle font (a prize!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Woberful Los and your took some crackin' photos that day. I adore what you have down wit the flap, really stylish. And the new font is Ace! Just the job for your 'architectural' LO. :)

Love Archi x