2 October 2012

Prettyful shinies!!

The other week I FINALLY bought some Glimmer Mist sprays:
They are a coloured spray with a load of beautiful mica that swirls around in the bottle- gorgeous!

I thought that as I'd bought some masks it was time to get some sprays to combine the two! I'm not a fan of really lary coloured sprays so thought these softer glimmery sprays would be the best fit for me!

Here's y first play with the glimmer mists for our Bombshell Paint Splatter challenge!


I stamped the large butterfly from the Butterfly Dreams set onto some Claudine Hellmuth sticky canvas using white embossing powder.
I then squirted the glimmer mists onto the canvas starting with the lightest shades first and adding until I liked the effect! Because the butterfly was embossed white it resisted the spray inks nicely and stayed a lovely bright white!

Next I cut the canvas with a Spellbinder die (Labels 22) making sure I had the butterfly in the centre.
I then mounted this on some black card and matted it onto some Kaisercraft papers (Lush) to complete the card- ta-da!!

Hope you enjoyed my little project- it was fun getting inky and pearly!
Happy crafting!

GlitteryKatie xxXxXxx


2 comments:

Artyjen said...

Mmm those sprays are lush ;)
xoxo Sioux

Sparkly Engineer said...

I think it's gorgeous. I have played with some glimmer mists and love them. I find them addicting.