8 September 2013

Ms. September's Challenge!

Ms September, Jenn Cochran issued a 'Layer It Up' challenge to use at least three layers, paper, paint ink, ribbon etc on our Bombshell project!

I was inspired by Jenn's challenge to create an altered art project with a tinned fish tin!!
After washing the pilchard tin a few times to ensure it was thoroughly clean I painted the tin with acrylic paint and patterned paper and lined the inside with patterned paper.
For the front of the tin I used a Decorative Label Eight Spellbinder die cut in blue paper which I then cut an oval in the middle of- I stuck this to the front of the tin.



I used a small butterfly and the sentiment from Butterfly Dreams & the Moth from Butterfly Queen- stamping them and colouring them with Distress Inks and Distress Markers for a soft look.
I cut out the two butterflies and mounted them on foam tape and stuck them in the tin.
I added a pin to each butterfly like the old fashioned butterfly collections.





I added some leaf ribbon, pearls and Stickles glitter plus I stamped the 'Butterfly Dreams' sentiment onto kraft cardstock and added this to the front of my butterfly tin.



Hope you enjoyed Ms September's challenge!

Happy Crafting!
GlitteryKatie Xxx

1 comment:

Kim said...

Gorgeous!